Lets just take a moment to look at the wonder that is charity shops to someone working in early years.
When I’m a parent I think I’ll love them even more!
Last weekend I spent an hour walking round a fine selection of charity shops and found numerous wooden bowls, jugs, a pestel and mortar, a complete a-z puzzle, 101 play dough cutters (in its original bag I may add) and a small post box (25p!!!!) . A total spend of £22.74 #bargain!!
So in summary here are some beautiful reasons why charity shops are so awesome.
- You save an absolute fortune- always look for stuff in charity shops first.
- The posher the place the better the charity shops.
- It’s a shoppers dream – my husband always asks me when I’m going shopping; “what are you looking for?” 99% of the time I don’t know, I’m just looking, charity shops are prime spots for “just looking” shopping sprees.
- Bragging rights – yes I did just purchase a large solid oak bowl, a pestel and mortar, a handcrafted wooden cutting board and 4 metal dishes for £6.50.
- The volunteers in the shop- I love chatting to them. They give up their free time to work in these shops and their customer service skills are always fantastic.
- You are supporting charities.
- You are encouraging others to support charities (check bragging rights at number 4)
- Inspiration – sometimes I know what I am looking for, but sometimes I see something that inspires me to develop an area at the nursery.
Thank you charity shops!! I love nothing more than spending a Saturday going on a bargain hunt!